Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

Functional & Access Needs

  • Adults and children with Functional & Access Needs are those who have a physical, cognitive, emotional, or sensory impairment (deafness, blindness, etc.) who require additional resources and assistance before, during or after a county-wide emergency or disaster. This would also include those people that use service animals for assistance.

  • A Functional & Access Needs Registry is a list of people within a jurisdiction (such as a County) that identifies those people with a Functional or Access Need who require additional assistance before, during or after a disaster or emergency. In order to ensure inclusion for notification, individuals with a Functional & Access Needs sign on to the list on a voluntary basis. Minor children can have parents or guardians include them on the list. For those with a Power of Attorney, that person may enroll for you.

  • A Functional & Access Needs Registry can be helpful to a jurisdiction while planning, responding, or recovering from a disaster or other type of emergency. The Registry allows the jurisdiction to estimate how many people will require additional assistance and where these individuals live within the jurisdiction. The Registry serves to identify those that may need special transportation, medical care, or in a rare instance a special shelter, as well as supply pre-emergency outreach. The purpose and use of the Registry is particularly important for agencies like the Red Cross, local Emergency Management Agency (EMA), fire, police and Health Departments.

  • All of the information provided is kept completely confidential. Lists are maintained and updated annually, with outdated lists disposed of in a proper manner.

  • To become part of the Registry, contact the Grundy County EMA office at 815-941-3457, or complete the attached questionnaire and mail it in.  Even if you are already on the registry, please fill out the attached form and return it again.  The information is updated annually. 

    Further questions about ther Registry may be directed to the Grundy County EMA at - 815-941-3457