Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

Can you help me take a deceased spouse or relative off of my deed?

The Recorder's Office cannot assist you in completing documents to alter or transfer property ownership , nor can we advise you on what documents you need to execute. Since the exact type of recording instrument and language you should use may depend upon several factors, including the type of deed and time of death of your loved one, we recommend that you secure the advice of a licensed attorney.