Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

Does the Recorder's Office have copies of birth, marriage, and death records?

Not generally. If the birth, marriage, or death took place in Grundy county, the documents are archived by the Grundy County Clerk's Office, which is located in the Grundy County Court House, Room 12, 111 E. Washington Street in Morris, Illinois. Occasionally, individuals born outside of Grundy County (in other counties, states or even other countries) choose to record their vital records such as birth, marriage, and death certificates with the Recorder's Office so that copies of them are readily available locally. Doing so is completely optional, and not required by any local, State, or Federal laws.