Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

How can I dispose of landscape wastes?

One of the easiest ways to rid your self of landscape wastes is to reduce what you generate:

  • Use the mulching feature on your mower or tractor.
  • Compost when possible. The Environmental & Resource Conservation Office has high quality composters available for $50.00 ea. Please call (815) 941-3214 or (815) 941-3365 for further information.

If you must get rid of yard wastes, check with your hauler as most have a program for the proper disposal of these wastes. In addition, landscaping and tree services will generally haul away wastes generated from their work.