Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

How do I dispose of paint or other materials collectively known as Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)?

To dispose of latex paint, simply let it air dry or mix some absorbent material into it. When dry, set it out for your regular refuse service. You may need to leave the lid off the can to demonstrate to hauler personnel that it is indeed a dry material and not a full, liquid can of paint.

To dispose of oil-based paints or other unwanted household chemicals, check with the IEPA at for a current list of the one-day household hazardous waste collection events in your area.

You may also check with the Naperville HHW site located 156 Fort Hill Drive in Naperville (located just north of Public Works at Fort Hill Drive & Jefferson Avenue. The facility is open on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. excluding holidays. For more information, call 630-420-6095. For a list of items accepted at this site, lease see page fourteen of the Grundy County Green Guide.