Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

My mailbox was knocked down during the snowstorm. How do I get it fixed?

Occasionally during snow plowing, wet or heavy snow from the plow may push mailboxes over. Agencies plow snow only on roads in their jurisdiction. If you live on a state road, contact IDOT at 815-434-6131. If you live on a township road, you should notify your road commissioner. If you live on a county road, you may contact the highway department and personnel will inspect the reported mailbox after the roads have been cleared of snow and ice.