Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

What is the procedure for getting a new entrance to my property?

Different agencies have jurisdiction over different roads. Each agency is responsible for their own permits. If you live on a state road, contact IDOT at 815-434-6131. If you live on a township road, you must contact your road commissioner and place your request with him. If you live on a county road, you may obtain an entrance permit request form on our Doing Business page. Grundy County Personnel will check the sight distance and drainage requirements for the location you request.