Grundy County

Official Website of Grundy County Government Offices

Who do I call to get a "school bus stop ahead" sign by my house?

Different agencies have jurisdiction over different roads. If you live on a state road, contact IDOT at 815-732-6251. If you live on a township road, you must contact your road commissioner and place your request with him. The road commissioner must be the one to seek permission from the county engineer before any sign is installed on a township road. If you live on a county road, you may contact and place your request with the highway department. Grundy County personnel will check the sight distance at your driveway to see if a sign is warranted.