Freedom of Information Request for Animal Control
GRUNDY COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICE
Purpose / About:
Maintain records of rabies vaccinations, animal owner registration, and bite investigations. Maintains records of animal histories, incident reports, adoptions, owner pickups, and euthanasia. All records of the animals entering the animal control facility until they leave. Keep all records of patrolling and animal apprehension for each of the municipalities that contract with us.
Daily reporting of income brought into the facility through fee charged to owners picking up their animals, rabies tags, adopting, patrolling, pet population fees, and money given for donation
Duties of the Office:
- Prevent and control rabies through bite investigations and rabies registrations.
- Enforce state and county animal control laws.
- Operate a shelter for stray and owner-relinquished cats and dogs
- Adopt unwanted animals to responsible homes
- Rescue animals that are lost, sick, injured or in danger.
- Has Contracts with municipalities for patrolling city/Villages in Grundy County.
- Provide public education programs for adults and children.
Animal Control: $169,826.00
Animal Control Population Fund: $52,839.00
Animal Control Savings: $21,945.00
95 North Dwight Road, Morris, Illinois 60450
Director Animal Control
95 North Dwight Road
Morris, Illinois 60450
Number of Employees:
- 4 full time employees
- 0 part-time employees
Boards, Commissions, Committees or Councils:
- Grundy County Board
- Education Committee
Procedure for Making Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests:
- Place requests for documents in writing providing a detailed description of the document requested.
- Submit request to Grundy County Director Animal Control , June Krull, or Sue Gale at the above address.