Senior Programs Care Coordinator
County of Grundy–Job Posting
Date of Posting: December 14, 2016
Applications Accepted Until: Posted until filled
Job Title: Senior Programs Care Coordinator
Employee Status: Part-Time, 28 hours/week to include weekends
Rate: $16.00/hr, non-exempt
To perform outreach efforts to identify and inform persons 60+ in Grundy County of available services and programs for which they may be eligible. This includes but is not limited to: conducting home visits assessing eligibility of Community Care Program, establishing a plan of care with client/family, performing Choices for Care Screenings, and completing required documentation as mandated by IDoA, NEIL, AoA, and the Grundy County Health Department. Refer to job description for specific duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May assist with the care coordination in: HDM, CCP, Outreach, Choices for Care, Case Management, MFP, VIP, and 60+ Counseling.
- Completes the Intake Form for all program referrals and forwards on to supervisor to complete Authorization Section.
- Assists clients in filling out applications and in applying for other services/benefits.
- Knowledgeable about resources and makes appropriate referrals to social service agencies, specialists, governmental agencies, counselors and other agencies.
- Performs Choices for Care Screenings as needed.
- Conducts home visits to clients to assess needs.
- Establish a plan of care in conjunction with client/family/caregivers/guardian/POA as needed.
- Completes required documentation as mandated by IDoA, NEIL, AoA, and the Grundy County Department.
- Assists supervisor in organizing special events such as health fairs, Older Americans Month activities, etc.
- Attend training as it is made available by IDoA, NEIL, AoA, and the Grundy County Health Department.
- Attend supervisory, staff development, in-service and other meetings as required.
- Projects good image, maintains credibility and integrity of agency.
- Coordinate outreach sites throughout Grundy County.
- Organizes quarterly educational topics to be presented at each of the outreach sites
- Abides by policies of the Board of Health and the Grundy County Personnel Code
- Other duties as relevant to the Senior Programs Division or as assigned by Administrator
QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer a RN, or a BSN or a BA/BS degree in social science, social work or related field. OR
- An LPN with 2 years of program experience which is defined as assessment, provision, and/or authorization of formal services for the elderly. OR
- Will consider one year of program experience, which is defined as assessment, provision, and/or authorization of formal services for the elderly; may replace on year of college education up to and including four years of experience replacing a baccalaureate degree.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell as well as lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Any qualified applicant with a disability and requiring reasonable assistance or accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Department.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Required to complete and maintain certification as a Care Coordinator, MFP TC, SHIP, and AIRS.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance are required.
- Required to complete and maintain certification as a SHIP Counselor as required by Illinois Department of Insurance.
TO APPLY: Candidates must meet the minimum requirements of the position in order to be considered.
Send resume and salary requirements to HR@grundyco.org with “Senior Programs Care Coordinator” in the subject line or mail to Grundy County Administration, Attn: HR 1320 Union Street, Morris, IL 60450.
No phone calls please.
Grundy County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will give consideration to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, order of protection status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or unfavorable discharge from military service as those terms are defined in Section 1-103 of the Illinois Human Rights Act (775 ILCS 5/1-103).