Building & Zoning Office
- Heidi H. Miller – Director, Land Use Department – 815-941-3229
- Cheryl Wardell – Assistant – 815-941-3228
- Bob Pazely – Building Inspector – 815-941-3228
Grundy County Administration Building
1320 Union Street Morris, IL 60450
Promoting the public health and general welfare, by effectively applying zoning and building regulatons in unincorporated areas of Grundy County
Regional Planning Commission consists of:
- Alan Skwarczynski – Chairman
- Mike Breisch – Vice Chairman
- Richard Joyce – County Board Member
- James Olson, Commissioner
- Clark Barkley, Commissioner
- Mark Hill, Commissioner
- Sid Nelson, Commissioner
The commission reviews and recommends to the County Board Map Amendments, Text Amendments and Conditional Uses, Preliminary Plats, and Final Plats. Planning Commission meets the 4th Tuesday of each month in the County Board Room. Check the calendar link below for times and dates.
Zoning Board of Appeals consists of:
- Robert Breisch, Chairman
- Nancy Bjelland, Vice Chairwoman
- Chris Kindelspire, Member
- Joe Bexson, Member
- Ruth Herman, Member
The board reviews and recommends to the County Board Map Amendments, Text Amendments and Conditional Uses. The Zoning Board of Appeals approves variances to the Unified Development Ordinance Code.
The Zoning Board conducts their public hearing on the 3rd Tuesday of each month in the County Board Room at 7:00 p.m.