Envir. & Resource Conservation Office
- Director: Heidi Miller
- Assistant: Karen Campbell
1320 Union Street Morris, IL 60450
The Environmental & Resource Conservation Office is a County Office which is funded by the City of Morris through a portion of the Environtech landfill tipping fee.
The Environmental & Resource Conservation Office is the lead agency in the implementation of the County Solid Waste Management Plan, and has the following goals.
- To decrease waste generation;
- Increase recycling, reuse and composting;
- Insure the timely development of needed facilities and programs.
- Protect Environmental Resources
The goals of this office are implemented through the twenty year Solid Waste Update Plan that is updated every 5 years.
As part of implementing the Solid Waste Management Plan other activities that the office is involved with include:
- Monitoring operations of the landfills by reviewing inspecion reports.
- Conduct educational and promotional activities, special recycling events etc.
- Administer/monitor hauler licensing program.
- Maintain and develop up-to-date information and provide educational materials on recycling, source reduction to individuals, officials, groups, commercial businesses and governmental agencies.
- Monitor recycling activities in County buildings.
- Coordinate with state and County agencies with regards to recycling/source reduction events.