Grundy County Sheriff
WE SERVE & PROTECT
Sheriff Kevin Callahan
Our mission, collectively as an agency and as individual officers, is to provide an exemplary level of service and protection to the residents and businesses of Grundy County and to all those who may visit, work in, or travel through our communities. We will serve the local communities through professional conduct at all times and the enforcement of criminal and traffic laws without prejudice or bias and with respect for the rights of all people.
Civil Process Division
The Sheriff’s Civil Process Division is responsible for processing court papers for the Sheriff’s Process Servers to serve on individuals residing within Grundy County only.
These documents are generated from other counties and municipalities in the State of Illinois, as well as our own Court and State’s Attorney. Civil Papers from out of State are also sent to us for service to persons or businesses/corporations within Grundy County.
Evictions and Sheriff Sales are also conducted by Sheriff’s Deputies.
For additional information concerning civil process, including service fees, please contact the Sheriff’s Civil Process Division at (815) 941-3239.
Court Security Division
Inmate Mail - Phone Calls - Bonding Information - Victim Notification Information
Inmate Mail information:
- All incoming and outgoing mail is subject to inspection.
- All letters must be addressed to the detainee C/O Grundy County Jail 111 E. Washington St. Morris, IL 60450.
- Mail must have a return address and name.
- Money orders made payable to the inmate will be accepted. Cash is to be deposited via the KIOSK machine in the jail vestibule.
- The Grundy County Jail staff does not deliver personal messages to inmates.
- Cash for bond will be accepted (no personal checks) Exact amount only no change is given.
- For large bond amounts, Certified Bank Checks are accepted payable to the Grundy County Circuit Clerk.
- Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express are accepted via CourtMoney.com. Contact CourtMoney.com at www.courtmoney.com or 800-352-9870 for details. They will need the a credit card number, the Inmates full name, the inmate’s number and the total cash bail amount.
Phone Calls/Receiving phone calls
Securus www.securustech.net is the phone system Grundy County Jail inmate use. Contact Securus customer service at 800-644-6591 for information on how to set up an account.
- Inmates can make collect calls to regular home phones.
- Inmates can make calls to cell phones who can pay instantly with a credit card or setting up an account with Securus
- Inmates can use money from their personal jail account to make phone calls.
- All phone calls are subject to recording and monitoring
- Money for an inmate can be deposited anytime to the KIOSK machine inside the vestibule. The KIOSK accepts cash or Credit/Debit cards.
- The Grundy County Jail does not deliver notes, letters not mailed, or messages to inmates. Please make other arrangements.
- Inmates may receive up to 5 photos by U.S. Mail that are not of the Polaroid type, have alcohol/drug use, gang symbols/signs, any lewd or provocative in nature depicted in the photos.
Victim Notification Information:
- If you are a victim in a crime or you just want to be notified when a detainee gets released from jail, contact Vine Link at 866-566-8439 or www.vinelink.com and register to be notified by their service.
Inmate Visitation Schedule
7:00-9:00 P.M. WEDNESDAYS
1:00-3:00 P.M. SUNDAYS
9:00-10:00 P.M. WEDNESDAYS
3:00-4:00 P.M. SUNDAYS
- NO MORE THAN 2 VISITORS at a time per inmate and one visit per visiting day unless approved in advance by the Sheriff and/or the Jail Superintendent.
- All visitors MUST SHOW a state issued Photo ID or Passport to visit.
- No one under the age of 17 will be allowed to visit without being accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Visits are 15 minutes.
- All visitors must sign in with a Correctional Officer. All visitors are subject to search at any time.
- No Cell Phones are allowed in the visitation room.
- No food, drinks or smoking is allowed in the visitation room.
- Please remember other families are visiting. If children are running or making loud noises, you will be asked to leave.
- Anyone violating the above listed rules will be asked to leave and may be prohibited from visiting in the future.
- Anyone who has been incarcerated in the Grundy County Jail within the last 60 days will not be allowed to visit.
- All special visits MUST BE arranged NO LESS THAN 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE and approved by the Sheriff and/or the Jail Superintendent.
- No clothing, books, magazines or newspapers are allowed to be brought in and will not be accepted.
- Only Medication in the original container with the inmates name and prescribed by a doctor will be accepted.
- All Medication MUST be approved by the Jail Medical Staff before it will be dispensed.
Law Enforcement Links
Police Lost Alert Program
This program is designed to help members of the Sheriff’s Department locate a missing child or adult who has developmental disabilities or a higher-than-usual risk of wandering off or becoming lost.