Monday — Friday • 8:00 AM — 4:30 PM
111 E. Washington Street, Room 33 Morris, IL 60450
Grundy County Real Estate Tax Bills Press Release
June 2, 2016
The County Clerk’s office works to provide accurate tax levy data for use in determining tax rates. Every year during the tax extension process, levy requests are entered into the Clerk’s software, including bond amounts.
However, very infrequently, errors do occur. Fortunately, there is a system of checks and balance in place to catch and rectify such errors prior to the taxpayers’ receipt of their tax bill. Such was the case when an error in the Clerk’s calculation of the school district’s debt service levy was discovered by Minooka School District No. 111, and reported to the Clerk’s office prior to the mailing of the tax bills. The tax bills were scheduled, and ready for delivery on June 3rd, however, once this was discovered, the Treasurer’s office pulled the bills from being sent. The Clerk’s office has since recalculated the levy, the District has approved the calculations, and the tax bills will be mailed on or before June 15th with the first installment due July 15thand the second installment due September 15th.
Tax Payment Information
The Credit Card Processing Center accepts only MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express or will process an Electronic Check transfer.
- The payment process will generate a confirmation Number.
- Please record this confirmation number for future reference.
- There may be up to a 5 day delay in posting bank debit or credit card payments to your real estate tax bill.
- A convenience fee of 2.7% will be charged for credit card transactions, or a $3.95 fee will be charged for bank debit transactions.
Online Tax Bill Inquiry
Collects and disburses real estate taxes and other financial aspects of the county. Also pays county bills including all county personnel payroll.
- The County Treasurer, (815) 941-3215, has information pertaining to the actual tax bill, amount and tax payment procedures.
- Duplicate copies of tax bills are available for $5.00 if you are not the homeowner of record.
- The County Clerk’s Office, (815) 941-3227, can answer inquiries about the various tax rates and levies.
- The Supervisor of Assessments Office, (815) 941-3269, can offer assistance relating to assessments, property descriptions, exemptions and reporting mailing address changes.