Date of Posting: February 12, 2014
Applications Accepted: Until Position is filled.
Job Title: Technology Director
Employee Status: Full Time, Non-Union, Exempt
Salary: $55,000 - $70,000
On behalf of the County Administrator and in consultation with the Technology Committee, directly supervises and is responsible for all Information Technology concerns of Grundy County Government.
• Develops the strategic plans, budget, and goals and objectives to support the County’s technology needs while maintaining the approved budget;
• Responsible for the analysis, planning, installation, maintenance, and coordination of all network components throughout the County;
• Works with all County departments to coordinate and provide effective technology solutions and support;
• Manages, evaluates, and provides direction to the Technology Staff and coordinates activities of the staff to ensure efficiency and success;
• Directs, supports, and assists the Technology Staff with networking, telephone systems, training, internal systems, installation, help desk administration, security, secure backups, and business continuity.
• Assists with operational problems at the network, server, application, and user level;
• Provides direction and assistance to the Technology Staff to install and maintain desktop hardware and software.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and training.
Five (5) years of experience, one (1) of which was supervisory in nature.
TO APPLY: Send application and resume to--
Grundy County Administration
Attn: Human Resources
1320 Union Street
Morris, IL 60450
Grundy County is a Equal Opportunity Employer and will give consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, political affiliations, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. To ensure the broadest range of services to individuals with disabilities, Grundy County can make reasonable accommodations.