Date of Posting: February 13, 2014
Applications Accepted Until: February 28, 2014
Job Title: Maintenance Director
Employee Status: Full Time
On behalf of the County Administrator and in consultation with the Facilities Committee, directly supervises and is responsible for all Maintenance concerns of the Grundy County Administration Building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1) Supervising, scheduling, and prioritizing workload for all custodial employees.
2) Oversees maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical equipment such as air compressors, fan bearings, belts, lubrication.
3) Oversees maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical and communication equipment such as pull-down lights, custodial equipment, outlets, etc.
4) Oversees maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of plumbing fixtures such as flush valves, faucets, dispensers, pumps, etc.
5) Monitors and performs minor maintenance of heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment.
6) Oversees inspection schedule for building and grounds.
7) Oversees seasonal and preventative maintenance of the building and grounds.
8) Oversees security of the building including doors and security system.
9) Oversees removal of snow and ice and sweeping exterior pedestrian walkways.
10) Oversees cleaning, maintenance, and sanitation of all environmental surfaces, floors, and carpeting including scrubbing, sweeping, vacuuming, waxing and repairs.
11) Oversees cleaning, maintenance, and sanitation of offices, restrooms, sinks, drinking fountains and other plumbing fixtures. Removes and properly disposes waste materials.
12) Responsible for inventory, purchase, pickup and delivery of supplies and materials.
13) Receive, unload, and store supplies and equipment delivered to the buildings.
14) Responsible for current requirements of Safety and OSHA.
15) Maintain records, logs, and reports back to Facilities Committee.
16) Completes special projects as assigned.
Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education, licensure, and training.
Five (5) years of maintenance experience, at least one (1) of which was supervisory in nature.
Send application and resume to--
Grundy County Administration
Attn: Human Resources
1320 Union Street
Morris, IL 60450
Grundy County is a Equal Opportunity Employer and will give consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, political affiliations, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. To ensure the broadest range of services to individuals with disabilities, Grundy County can make reasonable accommodations.