Animal Control Department Home
- Director: Melissa Lewis
Monday – Friday • 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
310 Dupont Rd, Morris, IL 60450
Phone – (815) 942-9214
Fax – (815) 942-5265
All animals are spayed/neutered, Rabies Vaccine, Microchipped, de-wormed, distemper combo, and flea protection.
Female Dogs $189.00
Male Dogs $169.00
Female Cats $144.00
Male Cats $119.00
- Cares for abandoned, abused, lost and surrendered dogs and cats in Grundy County
- Enforces State and County Laws for domestic animals
- Provides resources to the public regarding cats and dogs
- Places adoptable cats and dogs into homes
- Returns lost pets to their owners
- Register dogs and cats in Grundy County
Licensing Fees (Dogs only)
One year rabies vaccine/altered $15.00
One year rabies vaccine/unaltered $45.00
Three year rabies vaccine/altered $25.00
Three year rabies vaccine/unaltered $60.00
- Every owner of a dog 4 months or more of age shall have each dog inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian.
- Every owner of a cat that is a companion animal and is 4 months or more of age shall have each cat inoculated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian.
*****See Illinois Animal Control Act (510 ILCS 5/8) (from Ch. 8, par. 358) for full requirements of Rabies inoculation.
After hours Emergency & Non-Emergency Reports
In the interest of providing the best Animal Control Services possible, at a reasonable cost, we ask that personnel be called out only in emergency situations during off duty hours. Duty hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
EMERGENCIES WE WILL RESPOND TO ARE:
- An animal bite in which the animal is not confined and posing a potential threat.
- An injured domestic stray animal.
- Police cases, involving animals (arrests, house fires. accidents, etc.).
NON-EMERGENCIES CONSIST OF:
- Stray animals running loose.
- Dogs in yards not on a leash or confined
- Wild Animals-we do not pick-up wild animals. We refer people to Daniel Brault at (815) 471-6155 or Rob Wolf (708) 203-7967 (wild life nuisance personnel).
- Please Note that Daniel Brault and Rob Wolf charge for their services.
If an emergency situation develops during non-duty hours, please contact the Grundy County Sheriff’s dispatch center at 942-0336 and explain the situation. They will be able to contact the animal control officer on-call and arrange for the situation to be resolved.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Grundy County Animal Control