Animal Control Department Home
- Director: Sue Gale
Monday – Friday • 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
310 Dupont Rd, Morris, IL 60450
Phone – (815) 942-9214
Fax – (815) 942-5265
All animals will be Spayed/Neutered, Microchipped, and have a current Rabies Inoculation before being adopted.
- Adoption – $30.00
- Rabies Inoculation – $19.00
- Microchip – $20.00
- Neuter – Male Cat – $50.00
- Neuter – Male Dog – $100.00
- Spay – Female Cat – $75.00
- Spay – Female Dog – $120.00
Our Return Policy
If the adopted animal is returned within the first 2 weeks after the adoption date, a refund of one half of the fees collected, minus the adoption fee will be refunded. If the return is after the first 2 weeks from the adoption date, no refund will be given, however the animal will be accepted back.
- Provides for abandoned, abused, or lost animals in Grundy County.
- Enforces State and County laws on domestic pets.
- Provides the public with information on dogs and cats in the county.
- Places animals that are up for adoption.
- Returns lost pets to their owners.
- Registers dogs and cats in the county and makes sure of rabies inoculations.
After hours Emergency & Non-Emergency Reports
In the interest of providing the best Animal Control Services possible, at a reasonable cost, we ask that personnel be called out only in emergency situations during off duty hours. Duty hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
EMERGENCIES WE WILL RESPOND TO ARE:
- An animal bite in which the animal is not confined and posing a potential threat.
- An injured domestic stray animal.
- Police cases, involving animals (arrests, house fires. accidents, etc.).
NON-EMERGENCIES CONSIST OF:
- Stray animals running loose.
- Dogs in yards not on a leash or confined
- Wild Animals-we do not pick-up wild animals. We refer people to Daniel Brault at (815) 471-6155 or Rob Wolf (708) 203-7967 (wild life nuisance personnel).
- Please Note that Daniel Brault and Rob Wolf charge for their services.
If an emergency situation develops during non-duty hours, please contact the Grundy County Sheriff’s dispatch center at 942-0336 and explain the situation. They will be able to contact the animal control officer on-call and arrange for the situation to be resolved.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Grundy County Animal Control