Recent Sales data is now available at the ‘GIS Interactive Map’ link to the right (sales are highlighted in red)
Board of Review
Deadline to Submit Appeals
All complaints for the 2019 Assessment Year must be physically turned into the Assessor’s Office or postmarked no later than January 3, 2020, 4:30pm. There are no exceptions as Illinois State Statutes prohibits accepting any complaints after this deadline.
Assessor Inquiry System
The Assessor Inquiry System is under construction and not available for the 2019 Board of Review session. Sorry for any inconvenience. You may obtain copies of Property Record Cards by coming into the Assessor’s Office and utilizing the public computers. DO NOT use/trust 3rd party websites for this information as it may not be accurate and it will NOT be accepted by the Board of Review.
2019 Assessment Year Critical Dates
- Publication Date – 12/04/2019
- Deadline for Submissions – 01/03/2020
- Michael Onorato, Chairman
- Chris Brown, Member
- Thomas L. Hougas, Clerk
The board of review hears complaints from taxpayers and adjourns from day to day. The county board, in writing, can notify the board of review to return to session after the statutory date of adjournment if necessary to finish the work. The board of review shall adjourn when its work is completed and the books certified to the county clerk.
In all years, the board of review:
- Assesses all omitted property
- Hears complaints made in writing that property is incorrectly assessed
- Equalizes assessments between classes of property
- Hears exemption requests
- Issues certificates of error
The board of review must give notice of changes to taxpayers in a newspaper of general circulation and, in some circumstances, give notice of changes of $100,000 or more in assessment to local taxing bodies. The board of review also acts as an equalizing authority by lowering or raising the total assessed value of property in an assessment district, if after the equalization by the supervisor of assessments the total assessed value within the county is not at 33 1/3 percent.
Other Important Links
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Illinois Department on Aging
- Illinois Farm Bureau
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Illinois Society of Professional Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- State of Illinois
- Taxpayer’s Federation of Illinois
- Township Officials of Illinois