Due to the pandemic, access to the Courthouse may be restricted. For assistance, please call the Assessment Office at 815-941-3269 or email Assessments@grundyco.org
**PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the Board of Review will not be holding any interactive hearings in the year 2020.**
The Deadline to file an assessment complaint is November 16, 2020.
The Board of Review will begin to meet in December. Final notices of decisions will all be mailed together when all appeals have been reviewed.
Board of Review
Deadline to Submit Appeals
All complaints for the 2020 Assessment Year must be turned into the Assessor’s Office or postmarked no later than November 16, 2020, 4:30pm. There are no exceptions as Illinois State Statutes prohibits accepting any complaints after this deadline.
2020 Assessment Year Critical Dates
- Publication Date – 10/15/2020
- Deadline for Submissions – 11/16/2020
- Michael Onorato, Chairman
- Chris Brown, Member
- Joseph Kutches, Member
The Board of Review hears complaints from taxpayers and adjourns from day to day. The County Board, in writing, can notify the Board of Review to return to session after the statutory date of adjournment if necessary to finish the work. The Board of Review shall adjourn when its work is completed and the books certified to the county clerk.
In all years, the Board of Review:
- Assesses all omitted property
- Hears complaints made in writing that property is incorrectly assessed
- Equalizes assessments between classes of property
- Hears exemption requests
- Issues certificates of error
The Board of Review must give notice of changes to taxpayers in a newspaper of general circulation and, in some circumstances, give notice of changes of $100,000 or more in assessment to local taxing bodies. The Board of Review also acts as an equalizing authority by lowering or raising the total assessed value of property in an assessment district, if after the equalization by the Supervisor of Assessments the total assessed value within the county is not at 33 1/3 percent.
Other Important Links
- Illinois Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Illinois Department of Revenue
- Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Illinois Department on Aging
- Illinois Farm Bureau
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board
- Illinois Society of Professional Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers
- State of Illinois
- Taxpayer’s Federation of Illinois
- Township Officials of Illinois