Grundy County Chairman’s Progress Update
The Grundy County team is working hard to serve you with the highest quality of services in the most efficient manner while being good stewards of your money.
Please feel free to contact me with questions or suggestions about how we can continue to improve our performance to you.
Here are the highlights of our progress.
Week of 9/4/2017
- Trust is crucial to any organization. Our board, elected officials and department leaders are working very well together to continue to build trust. Our safety results and current financial status reflect how well the overall team is partnering with one another. I just received a note from a leader who took it upon himself to work with three other departments to eliminate safety issues, within the office, and dispose of outdated files along the way! I am so thankful to be a part of an organization that is working hard to foster an environment of trust and cooperation.
- There are several businesses that are interested in expanding their business footprint in Grundy County along with some potential new business growth in the area. During our recent legislative committee, this week, we had three developers present options for business growth. Wonderful opportunities!
Week of 8/28/17
- There is an impressive amount of collaboration between Grundy County Economic Development Council and our team to promote and grow business within Grundy County. We have multiple locations in the running for several new businesses and are very excited about all of the new prospects.
- We are very close to having a 2018 budget finalized and will begin the review process with the board. The goal is to have the budget placed on file during the September full board meeting and approved during the October board meeting.
- The HR team is working hard to update all of our standard work and process manuals to ensure that employees and department heads have clarity on roles and responsibility. Updated versions of the employee and department head manuals will soon be released.
- Our finance team is working hard to close all of the gaps identified by our annual auditing process as well as the IRS audit. Standard work is now in place to close the gaps and we look forward to a very healthy audit at the end of 2017.
- I continue to be impressed with the caliber of the leadership that we have among our elected officials and department heads. Our county is blessed to have a team that is working hard for every resident and visitor in the area.
Week of 8/21/17
- We are working hard to put safety first, in all that we do, to ensure that our employees and visitors go home safely to their families every time after visiting or working in our Grundy County facilities. Our safety record has greatly improved this year and I am proud of each person’s engagement in the proactive safety process.
- The entire Grundy County team has worked very well together to reduce costs and attempt to eliminate our 2017 budget deficit. We are 75% of the way through our fiscal year and the county is moving in the right direction!
- We are working hard to ensure that we have a 2018 balanced budget.
- We are partnering with our employees and leaders to resolve all open employment contracts. I look forward to having all contracts complete as soon as possible.
- Please be sure to attend our monthly full board meeting (Second Tuesday of every month at 6 PM) or any of our six committee meetings so that we can hear from you during our public comments section of each meeting.