The next election is the General Election on November 6, 2018
In this section, candidates for office will find information and links to assist them to locate information and forms required to run for office.
The Grundy County Clerk and staff cannot provide a review of nominating papers or legal opinion regarding petition papers.
Candidates are encouraged to obtain legal counsel as to their qualification for office, preparation of petition papers, circulator requirements, signature requirements etc., and for any campaign or election related questions.
After petition papers have been filed, pages cannot be amended or added.
A receipt for filing the required Statement of Economic Interest (SEI) may be added until 5 p.m. on the last day to file.
Circulation periods, filing information, appropriate forms are available on the Illinois State Board of Elections website or in the Grundy County Clerk/Election Authority’s office.
LINKS and DOWNLOADS
For all Illinois State Board of Elections websites use this link (https://www.elections.il.gov)
This above line is for your information only remove line before posting
- Illinois State Board of Elections website
- State of Illinois Candidate’s Guide 2018
- State of Illinois Election and Campaign Finance Calendar 2018
- School Board Petition Packets April 2019 Consolidated Election or in the Grundy County Clerk/Election Authority’s office the first day to circulate petition. First day to start circulating petitions is: (not available)
- Petition Packets 2019 Consolidated Primary Election / 2019 Consolidated Election are obtained from the district office of the unit of government for which the office is sought
- State of Illinois Candidate’s Guide 2019 (when available)
- State of Illinois Election and Campaign Finance Calendar 2019 (when available)
- Statement of Economic Interest (SEI)
Write-In Candidate Information
In order to be a Write-In Candidate, an individual must file a notarized “Declaration of Intent to be a Write-In” form with the County Clerk at least 61 days prior to an election.
However, when an objection to a candidate’s nominating papers or petitions for an office is sustained after the 61st day before the election, the candidate can file a notarized declaration to be a write-in candidate for that office with the County Clerk no later than 7 days prior to the election.
Write-in votes are only tabulated for candidates who file this form
- Declaration of Intent to be a Write-In Candidate
- List of Write-In Candidates (when available)
How to cast a Write-In Vote on the Optical Scan (OS) and Touch Screen (TSx) correctly so your vote will count.
On Election Night, only Election Day ballots cast, Grace Period / Same Day Registration, Early Voting and Vote by Mail (ballots received through Election Day) will be tabulated for unofficial results.
Write-In Candidate results will NOT be available until after the RETAB / CANVASS of Election, which is scheduled approximately 2 weeks out from Election Day.