Statements of Economic Interest
The Illinois Government Ethics Act requires Grundy County elected officials, appointed officials, and certain local and county government employees to file a Statement of Economic Interest with the Clerk’s office.
These documents, which disclose an individual’s financial interests, are filed annually and are due by the first business day in May. Completed forms must be mailed or delivered in person to the Clerk’s office.
*NEW* P.A. 92-101 *FILE ONE (1) STATEMENT LISTING ALL GOVERNMENTS & OFFICES
NOTICE TO LOCAL OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES
The Illinois Governmental Ethics Act requires certain local officials and employees to file a Statement of Economic Interest with the COUNTY CLERK of the COUNTY in which the PRINCIPAL OFFICE of the unit of government is located.
Those persons who are required to file with the COUNTY CLERK are the following:
(i) Persons who are employed by a unit of local government and are compensated for services as employees and not as independent contractors and who:
- Are, or function as, the head of a department, division, bureau, authority or other administrative unit within the unit of local government, or who exercise similar authority within the unit of local government;
- Have direct supervisory authority over, or direct responsibility for the formulation, negotiation, issuance or execution of contracts entered into by the unit of local government in the amount of $1,000 or greater;
- Have the authority to approve licenses and permits by the unit of local government;
- Adjudicate, arbitrate, or decide any judicial or administrative proceedings, or review the adjudication, arbitration or decision of any judicial or administrative proceeding within the authority of the unit of local government;
- Have authority to issue or promulgate rules and regulations within areas under the authority of the unit of local government; OR
- Have supervisory responsibility for 20 or more employees of the unit of local government.
(j) Persons on the Board of Trustees of the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy.
(k) Persons employed by a school district if their position requires them to hold an administrative certificate or a chief school business official endorsement.
(g) Persons who are elected to office in a unit of local government, and candidates for nomination or election to that office.
(h) Persons appointed to the governing board of a unit of local government, or of a special district, and persons appointed to a zoning board, or zoning board of appeals, or to a regional, county, or municipal plan of commission, or to a board of review of any county, and persons appointed to the Board of the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority and any Trustee appointed under Section 22 of the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority Act, and persons appointed to a board or commission of a unit of local government.
This Section shall not be construed to prevent any unit of local government from enacting financial disclosure requirements that require more information than required by this Act.
THE DEADLINE FOR FILING IS THE FIRST BUSINESS DAY IN MAY. Persons who have failed to file by this day are subject to fines and/or removal from office.
More information may be obtained at the Grundy County Clerk’s Office. (815) 941-3221 Option 4