The Tax Extension Department accepts the filing of the annual budgets, levies, financial reports, and boundary changes of all taxing bodies and calculates the tax rates and extensions for each unit of government.
There are 102 taxing districts in Grundy County. Also, there are 5 drainage districts, 10 TIF districts, 2 EDPA zones, and 5 railroads.
The Overlapping Counties for Grundy are: Bureau, Cook, DeKalb, Ford, Iroquois, Kankakee, Kendall, LaSalle, Lee, Livingston, Marshall, Putnam, and Will.
Most of Grundy’s districts are non-PTELL. The districts with tax caps are:
- Braidwood Fire
- 3 Rivers Library
- Fossil Ridge Library
- Godley Park
- Channahon Park
- Village of Godley
- City of Braidwood
Grundy County taxable EAV for 2018 totaled $1,987,093,077
For more information on tax extension services call 815-941-3222
FILING OF BUDGET AND APPROPRIATION ORDINANCES (35 ILCS 200/18-50)
The governing authority of each taxing district shall file with the County Clerk within 30 days of their adoption a certified copy of its appropriation and budget ordinances or resolutions, as well as an estimate, certified by its chief fiscal officer, of revenues, by source, anticipated to be received by the taxing district in the following fiscal year.
If the governing authority fails to file the required documents, the County Clerk shall have the authority, after giving timely notice of the failure of the taxing district, to refuse to extend the tax levy until the documents are filed (Consult your State’s Attorney before any refusal).
In determining the amount of maximum tax authorized to be levied by any statute of this State, the assessed valuation of the current year of property as assessed and reviewed by the local assessment officials or the Department, and as equalized or confirmed by the Department, shall be used.
FILING OF LEVIES OF TAXING DISTRICTS (35 ILCS 200/18-15)
Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, all taxing districts shall annually certify to the County Clerk, on or before the last Tuesday in December, the several amounts that they have levied.
- Annexations and Disconnections
- Certificate of Compliance with Truth and Taxation
- Certification Of Budget
- Commercial / Industrial Abatements
- Road & Bridge Report
- TIF Increment Financing Information
- Tax Codes and Descriptions
- Tax Cycle
- Tax Distribution List with EAV 2018
- Tax Information Contact List
Grundy County Rates & Extensions - Click to Expand
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2018
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2017
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2016
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2015
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2014
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2013
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2012
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2011
- Grundy County Rates & Extensions 2010