Envir. & Resource Conservation Office
- Director: Heidi Miller
1320 Union Street Morris, IL 60450
Currently there are no book drive events scheduled.
Currently there are no e-waste events scheduled.
Currently there are no paint collection events scheduled.
Tire Recycling Event
Currently there are no tire recycling events scheduled.
Currently there are no toy events scheduled.
Currently there are no Used Oil events scheduled.
The Environmental & Resource Conservation Office is a County Office which is funded by the City of Morris through a portion of the Environtech landfill tipping fee.
The Environmental & Resource Conservation Office is the lead agency in the implementation of the County Solid Waste Management Plan, and has the following goals.
- To decrease waste generation;
- Increase recycling, reuse and composting;
- Insure the timely development of needed facilities and programs.
- Protect Environmental Resources
The goals of this office are implemented through the twenty year Solid Waste Update Plan that is updated every 5 years.
As part of implementing the Solid Waste Management Plan other activities that the office is involved with include:
- Monitoring operations of the landfills by reviewing inspecion reports.
- Conduct educational and promotional activities, special recycling events etc.
- Administer/monitor hauler licensing program.
- Maintain and develop up-to-date information and provide educational materials on recycling, source reduction to individuals, officials, groups, commercial businesses and governmental agencies.
- Monitor recycling activities in County buildings.
- Coordinate with state and County agencies with regards to recycling/source reduction events.