Grundy County Administration Building
1320 Union Street
Morris Illinois 60450
To provide current and future Grundy County residents with a plan that will protect our natural resources, balance growth, provide transportation plan that will meet the changing population and provide economic growth opportunities for industrial and commercial users.
The Planning Office provides staff support to the Zoning Board of Appeals, Land Use Committee and County Board.
The Zoning Board of Appeals provides Public Hearings for Map Amendments, Special Uses, Text Amendments, and Variances.
All Map Amendments, Special Uses, and Text Amendments are recommended by the Zoning Board of Appeals to the Land Use Committee and the County Board.
The Land Use Committee reviews the Public Hearing recommendation from the Zoning Board of Appeals and also recommends to the County Board for final action.
Variances are approved or denied by the Zoning Board of Appeals during their Public Hearing.
Zoning Board of Appeals
- Robert Breisch, Chairman
- Al Skwarczynski, Vice Chairman
- Mark Hill, Member
- Dick Joyce, Member
- Lisa Lynch, Member
- Sid Nelson, Member
- Mark Sandeno, Member
- Debra Jo Kinsella, Land User Committee; Chair
- Millie Dyer, Land User Committee; Vice Chair
- Ellen Hanson, Land User Committee
- Ken Iverson, Land User Committee
- James Olson, Land User Committee
- Mike Onarato, Land User Committee
- Harold Vota, Land User Committee
- Coordination of the County Storm Water Ordinance
- Solar Facility Construction Coordination and Monitoring
- Implementation of the 2019 Five Year Update to the Grundy County Solid Waste Plan