Monday — Friday • 8:00 AM — 4:30 PM
111 E. Washington Street, Room 33 Morris, IL 60450
The Treasurer’s Office will be closed from 11:45am to 1:30pm, November 12th for a workshop
TAX BILLS WILL BE MAILED JUNE 7TH, 2019 INSTALLMENT DATES WILL BE:
County Tax Sale Info
Tax Buyer Registration Deadline: October 22, 2019. You must be registered to participate in the sale.
Tax Sale: Nov 6, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in the Grundy County Administration Building located at 1320 Union St, Morris, IL 60450.
Tax Payment Information
Make a payment by using the Toll Free Number. 1-888-979-3823
Same Fee's apply when using a Credit Card or E-Check as below.
The Credit Card Processing Center accepts only MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express or will process an Electronic Check transfer.
- The payment process will generate a confirmation Number.
- Please record this confirmation number for future reference.
- There may be up to a 5 day delay in posting bank debit or credit card payments to your real estate tax bill.
- A convenience fee of 2.35% will be charged for both credit cards and debit cards plus a $1.50 transaction fee.
- E-check transfer fee $2.00
Mobile Home Tax Bills
Grundy County Collector has mailed mobile home tax bills, with payment due date of June 3, 2019. For your convenience payments may be mailed directly to PO Box 689, Morris, made in person at the courthouse located at 111 E. Washington St. Room 33.
Collects and disburses real estate taxes and other financial aspects of the county. Also pays county bills including all county personnel payroll.
- The County Treasurer, (815) 941-3215, has information pertaining to the actual tax bill, amount and tax payment procedures.
- Duplicate copies of tax bills are available for $5.00 if you are not the homeowner of record.
- The County Clerk’s Office, (815) 941-3222, can answer inquiries about the various tax rates and levies.
- The Supervisor of Assessments Office, (815) 941-3269, can offer assistance relating to assessments, property descriptions, exemptions and reporting mailing address changes.